Thursday 6 December 2012

The to do list has become shorter...




Its been a very busy day at work so I am taking it easy tonight, but a blog update seems in order now after launch day. Much has been happening.

Lots of people have bought the book, and even better, they like it! Getting a lot of positive comments and suggestions which is really fantastic. Thank you so much to those who have been commenting, its been really encouraging and has spurred me on in my writing of the sequel.

In turn, I've been making progress with advertising the book.

I have registered with Amazon Authors Central on both the amazon.com (www.amazon.com/author/jgcully) and .co.uk (http://www.amazon.co.uk/author/jgcully)

I have also registered my blog site (http://jgswritinganovel.blogspot.co.uk) as a Amazon Associate site and put a link up for the book there too. Please go look!

The Facebook page (www.facebook.com/haldredchronicles) has been very useful as well for getting the word out, particularly amongst friends. I'm able to update it on a more regular basis than the blogs and I have been posting up images from the novel to help get the word out. The Council of Peace symbol in particular looks very well (nicely done Mat!). The plan for the future is still to post up more background information on aspects of the novel such as organisations and weapons. Just to further flesh out the story beyond the first novel.

Added to this the list of twitter followers continues to grow (follow me at @jgwritesnovels :-D) and I'm starting to get to know more of the indie authors. They are a very nice bunch of people and I'm trying to make more of an effort to 'retweet' their book advertisements.

The Infinity the game 'Paradiso' writing competition entry has proceeded a pace. Now in draft 2 the story is looking very solid. Just under 3000 words long and i'm enjoying writing this sci-fi story as a little side project to Haldred Chronicles.

So, like the title says, the to-do list has shortened. But then, it is a big to-do list.

I still have to sort the publishing of the paperback book via Amazon createspace (still hoping to sort in January 2013) and I also need to get more reviewers to review the book and post up on the book review sites. Plenty of objectives still to sort.

In the meantime, if you guys did like the book please let Amazon know by posting up a review on amazon.co.uk (link to the book is HERE). It would really help with getting the word out.

Thanks again for taking the time to read the blog guys, I know this one was very wordy. Haldred Chronicles is a big undertaking but I'm really enjoying writing it. The future is definitely bright :).

No comments:

Post a Comment