Monday 6 August 2018

Seeking publishers and writing book 5

It’s been a few months since I released the 4th book, ‘Haldred Chronicles: Anna’, so I thought it was about time I let you all know how things have been going since then. 

Glad to report, I’ve been busy.

After many years of meaning to but never getting around to it, I have at last started submitting the book series to publishers and agents.  I have spent the last few months submitting to about 8 separate publishers and agents, and I’ve a few more on the cards. 

I have had 3 rejections so far, but I’ll see what happens with the rest.  Can’t say I’ve not been trying.

I have been meaning to do this for a long time, but what was standing in my way was a lack of a covering letter and a synopsis.  I knuckled down and wrote both of them, checked them over, and have sent them on their merry way.  I choose ‘Shade’ as my main signature book, as I consider it my best work.  It’s mid-way through the series so hopefully will be an advertisement to publishers and agents interested in seeing the rest of the books.

As well as this, work is now well on the way on book 5.

I’ve written 4000 words already and progress is good.  Originally, book 5 was going to explore the Courier-Fey of the series, with one of the primary characters being one of the said Courier-Fey.  However, after a trip to Scotland that involved walking through a beautiful forest park up near Stirling, I changed my mind.

Book 5 will instead feature the people of the northern kingdom of Trima (strongly Scottish and Irish influence) and their efforts to defeat a monster that threatens the peace.  Victoria and team will travel to this new land and lend them aid.

I’m already enjoying new characters and the chance to create a new culture for the series.

Anyways, I’m off today so I’m going to take advantage and get more writing done.  Till next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment